Willkommen auf der offiziellen Homepage des Fegefeuer-Clans

in Premier League history. Then th

in Allgemeines 10.09.2019 05:11
von yyys123 | 1.110 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Two days into his second call-up of the season, Brock Holt was the centre of attention in Bostons clubhouse. Holt hit a tiebreaking triple in the seventh inning and scored on Jonathan Herreras suicide squeeze, lifting the Red Sox over the Baltimore Orioles 4-2 on Saturday. After the game, Holt did interviews in front of a large-screen TV in the middle of the locker room, a spot usually reserved for the games star or starting pitcher. "Its fun," Holt said. On Friday, Holt went 2 for 4 and drove in a run during the series-opening loss to Baltimore. "You want to go out and play well anytime youre out there," he said. "Ive got these first two under my belt and had some success, hopefully I can continue to keep going out there." David Ortiz had a solo homer and two hits for the World Series champion Red Sox, who have won three of four. But it was Holts hit that sparked the victory. "He had been swinging the bat very well in Pawtucket. He was able to get on a little bit of roll," Boston manager John Farrell said. "What weve seen -- I know its only two games -- is a little bit more authority, particularly on the pull side (of the plate)." Holt came up for a day from Triple-A earlier this month, but didnt get into a game when regular third baseman Will Middlebrooks was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right calf. Nelson Cruz had a pair of run-scoring singles for the Orioles, who had a three-game winning streak halted. Junichi Tazawa (1-0) pitched 1 1-3 hitless innings of relief. Koji Uehara struck out three after a leadoff walk for his fourth save. The benches emptied briefly in the seventh after Bud Norris (0-2) threw high and tight to David Ross, who was trying to sacrifice. Ross yelled something, but Orioles catcher Matt Wieters stepped in between and both sides retreated to the dugouts. "Its emotional. Ross is a good player -- a good catcher and a pro," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "But I know Matt. Hes not going to allow somebody to yell at his pitcher like that -- especially when he doesnt have any reason to." Norris didnt know why Ross was so upset, especially when he was giving up an at-bat to move a runner. "I dont really understand where its coming from, and his point of view," Norris said. "Im trying to throw the ball over the plate and take the out because if youre giving it to me in a sac bunt situation, I want the out every time." Baltimore benefited from a challenge that overturned a call at first on what would have been Cruzs inning-ending grounder in the sixth. Holt tripled into the right-centre field gap in the seventh after Mike Carp drew a leadoff walk from Norris. Herrara then dropped down a bunt fouling off on his first attempt. Boston starter Felix Doubront retired 13 consecutive batters after giving up a run in the first before Nick Markakis opened the sixth with a single, but was erased when Delmon Young bounced into double play. The Orioles then got runners on first and third when Cruz hit a grounder to deep third. Holt made a throw from near the foul line. Cruz was called out by first base umpire Ted Barrett. Showalter challenged his first call of the season and it was overturned after a 49-second wait. Ortizs homer hooked around the Pesky Pole and gave the Red Sox a 2-1 lead in the fourth. Doubront pitched 6 2-3 innings, allowing two runs on five hits, striking out seven and walking two. Cruzs RBI single made it 1-0 in the first. Boston tied it in the bottom half when third baseman Jonathan Schoop misplayed a probable inning-ending, double-play grounder. The Orioles, who set a major league record for fewest errors last season (54) and errorless games (119), have committed just four this season -- all of them by a third baseman filling in for Gold Glove winner Manny Machado, who is recovering from off-season left knee surgery. NOTES: Red Sox rookie SS Xander Bogaerts got the day off. "Hes played in every game and after some long games and travel, hes being rested -- and it gives us a chance to get another left-handed bat in there," Farrell said. Switch-hitting Herrera started at short. ... Boston OF Shane Victorino, on the 15-day since March 30 with a strained right hamstring, went 0 for 3 in his first rehab game at Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday. The plan is for him play Monday and Tuesday before being reevaluated. ... Showalter said LHP Zach Britton was sick Friday night and not with the team, but he was back Saturday. ... Machado played his first extended spring training game in Sarasota, Fla. Showalter said he "played five innings and had four at-bats with no problems." ... Middlebrooks worked out on the field before the game. Custom Arsenal Jerseys . "Ive got a lot of work to do on this team and the sooner that I can get back to my office and start that work, itll be better," he said straight-faced as the rest of the room erupted in laughter. Matteo Guendouzi Jersey . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. http://www.footballarsenalstore.com/Women-Lucas-Torreira-Arsenal-Fc-Jersey/ . After losing a shutout bid in the dying seconds of Sundays win over the Colorado Avalanche, Luongo would not be denied against the punchless Oilers and is now just one back of Patrick Roy for 14th on the all-time list. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Arsenal Jersey . It was my fifth straight year attending and, as always, there are many interesting matters discussed as it pertains to the use of statistics in sports. Ainsley Maitland-Niles Arsenal Jersey . According to the CFL Scouting Bureaus January rankings, four of the top five Canadian prospects line-up on the offensive side of the trenches, which is good news for Bombers general manager Kyle Walters. With only one selection in the first two rounds — Walters sent his second-round pick to Saskatchewan in the days ahead of the 2013 trade deadline — the No.Sky Sports commentator Martin Tyler joined Fenners and Helen on Soccer AM so it was only right to have a look back at some of his memorable commentary moments. And there have been a few from over the years... LISTEN: The best of Martin Tyler Click here to listen to Martin Tylers most memorable commentary moments From Stan Collymores dramatic late winner for Liverpool against Newcastle at Anfield to Tony Adams wrapping up the title in fine style for Arsenal in 1998, Tyler has talked us through some of the biggest and most dramatic moments in Premier League history. Then theres David Beckhams last-gasp free-kick for England against Greece which helped them to reach the 20002 World Cup and then the goal that defied description from another England captain in Wayne Rooney.dddddddddddd The Best of Tyler's commentary This season Tyler gave us another memorable moment, describing Anthony Martials debut goal for Manchester United against Liverpool and who could forget the Aguerooooo moment when Sergio Agueros 94th minute goal ended Manchester Citys 44-year wait for a top-flight title on the final day of the 2011/12 season.What is your favourite Martin Tyler commentary moment? Let us know in comments section below or Tweet us using @Sky Football! Also See: Soccer AM - Martin Tyler Lethal Schnozzle - Behind the Mic Tubes meets Pepe The Boot Room - John Terry ' ' 'sented by Pintys, running Jan. http://www.lionsfanspro.com/Black-Matthew-Stafford-Lions-Jersey.html?cat=863 . But when it was all over they had wasted another lead, seen another pitcher flame out on the mound and lost their fourth straight at home. Jahlani Tavai Youth Jersey . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November. Will Harris Youth Jersey . The Tiger-Cats announced on Friday the linebacker has signed a new contract with the team through the 2016 season.LOS ANGELES -- Ronda Rousey is constructing her escape hatch out of mixed martial arts, even if shes not planning to use it just yet. The UFC bantamweight champion has turned her celebrity and charisma into a budding career as an action film star. Many MMA fighters dream about it, but Rousey is actually doing it: With upcoming parts in "The Expendables 3," the newest "Fast and Furious" chapter and the "Entourage" movie, shes seeking success outside the cage even while her fighting career is near its peak. Rousey has little down time between Bulgarian film sets and endless training back home in Los Angeles, but she isnt looking to relax while her window of opportunity is open. "Theres really not much of a model for this," Rousey said. "Im making it up as I go along, and I think were really starting to find a groove and a way for it to work without me falling asleep in traffic again. Thats not good." When Rousey (9-0) makes her fourth title defence against Alexis Davis at UFC 175 on Saturday, she isnt the main event in the biggest show of the summer. Rousey honestly prefers sharing the bill at big events, this time with middleweight champion Chris Weidmans title defence against Lyoto Machida. On the big screen, Rousey wont always be satisfied with occasional supporting roles. She wants to be a star, preferably in a series of action adventures that could keep her occupied well after her MMA career ends. "One of my goals with the whole movie thing is I want to just be able to have my own franchise, and I feel like thats something that doesnt happen overnight," Rousey said. "Thats something you have to put a lot of thought into. Yeah, it would probably be extremely difficult for me to play Queen Elizabeth in some film, but I feel like a franchise is a great fit for me, because then I could find something that just fits me being myself. And then I would just have to continue to be myself, and I know Im good at that." For all of Rouseys outside interests and attention, her last two months have been focused on Davis (16-5), a Canadian expert in jiu-jitsu with a five-fight winning streak.dddddddddddd Rousey is an enormous favourite, but she has yet to take an opponent lightly in the sport she took up professionally just over three years ago. "My sister is getting married, and the whole day Im going to be thinking about beating Alexis," Rousey said. "Anything that comes up that should make me super-excited, I really do not have the capacity to enjoy until I beat Alexis." Rousey made back-to-back films in 2013, but her bout with Davis is her third fight in just over six months. She has enjoyed the chance to get into a training groove after learning that ring rust is real when she returned in December from that 10-month absence and mildly struggled to finish off Miesha Tate. But Rousey showed a tough chin in that bout, and her tight schedule has kept her focused on improving the weaker aspects of her game. Rouseys Olympic-caliber judo skills and signature armbar submission hold are still vicious, yet her coaches are impressed by her improvements in striking. In the future, Rousey would prefer to fight twice per year, devoting the rest of her time to a film career. She also still dreams of a fight against Gina Carano, another rising actor whose MMA career inspired Rousey to step into the cage. But unlike Carano, Rousey insists she isnt leaving MMA in the foreseeable future, flatly laughing at any suggestion she cant pursue both careers. After UFC 175, shell begin promoting "The Expendables 3" for its Aug. 15 release, but shell likely fight again this year. "The UFC, theyve been good to me," Rousey said. "They took a lot of risks for me, and the way I show my appreciation is I take risks for them, and Im there when they need me. They know that if something falls out, they can call me on 24 hours notice and expect me to show up, be the Fight of the Night, perform and win and get out of there. And I know that they cant say that for a lot of their fighters." ' ' ' ' '

nach oben springen

Legende: Leader Vertreter Spezielle Ränge FM-Cape-Besitzer Normale Mitglieder

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: watchesprice
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1394 Themen und 2033 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen