Willkommen auf der offiziellen Homepage des Fegefeuer-Clans

allowed five hits and low

in Allgemeines 23.09.2019 04:42
von yyys123 | 1.110 Beiträge

MIAMI -- Pitching with a big lead in the eighth inning, Clayton Kershaw bounced a curve in the dirt, then spun in disgust and kicked the mound as if he had just lost the game. Kershaw is unaccustomed even to one-pitch lapses, and he overcame the occasional difficulty he had Thursday, pitching eight innings to help the Los Angeles Dodgers win their third game in a row by beating the Miami Marlins 6-0. Kershaw (13-7) allowed five hits and lowered his ERA to 1.72, best in the majors. Miamis leadoff batter reached in five innings against the left-hander, but the Marlins hit into three double plays and went 0 for 7 with runners in scoring position. By Kershaws standards, that made it a subpar effort. "I was terrible the first couple of innings. I didnt have command," he said. "It could have gone a lot differently. The game could have been out of hand pretty quick." Kershaw walked Christian Yelich to start the game, and the first two batters reached against him in the second inning. But the Marlins rank last in runs and hitting for a reason, and Kershaw is a Cy Young Award contender for a reason. "Ive seen him a lot better," Miami manager Mike Redmond said. "He looked like his command was not there with his fastball, but whenever we did get in a situation with a guy on, he executed his pitches and was able to keep us at bay." Former All-Star closer Brian Wilson made his first major-league appearance since undergoing Tommy John surgery and pitched the ninth for Los Angeles, allowing one hit and striking out two. The game was his first since April 2012. "It was long overdue, a very arduous process, but Im glad I went through it so I could appreciate baseball even more," Wilson said. "I felt comfortable. I felt like I hadnt skipped a beat." Wilson completed the Dodgers 17th shutout, most in the majors. Miami was shut out for the 15th time. The Dodgers (75-52) climbed 23 games above .500 for the first time since 2009. They went 5-2 on their two-city trip and have won 22 of their past 25 road games. "Weve got the perfect mix right now -- great starting pitching, timely hitting and a lockdown bullpen," Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis said. "It creates a lot of wins." They improved to 28-5 since the All-Star break and begin a series at home Friday against AL East leader Boston. Los Angeles Yasiel Puig hit a double that struck the centre-field wall above the 418-foot sign, scored a run and had a sacrifice fly. But he finished only 2 for 15 in the series, dropping his average to .346. Puig was hit by a pitch in the upper left arm in the ninth but stayed in the game. He became dehydrated during Wednesdays game, limped at times and received intravenous fluids afterward. Kershaw broke a scoreless tie when he hit a two-out single in the fourth to drive in the first of the Dodgers three runs in the inning. Hes tied for the major-league lead among pitchers with eight RBIs. That was the only run Los Angeles needed, thanks to his pitching. He struck out six, including Yelich three times. "Hes one of the best pitchers in the game for a reason," the rookie said. "I found out that today pretty quick." Henderson Alvarez (2-3) went five innings and allowed five runs, all of them scoring with two outs. Puig barely missed a home run leading off the fourth inning, when his drive struck a foot below the edge of the wall for a double. "Its almost not fair to hit a ball that far and it doesnt go out," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said with a smile. With two out Alvarez pitched around Juan Uribe, walking him to load the bases, but the tactic backfired when Kershaw hit an RBI single. Carl Crawford followed with a two-run double for a 3-0 lead. The Dodgers scored again in the fifth on back-to-back two-out doubles by Andre Ethier and Ellis, followed by Skip Schumakers RBI single. Notes: Hanley Ramirez was given the day off, and Nick Punto made his 25th start at SS for the Dodgers. Said Mattingly of the 5-foot-9 Punto still playing the position at age 35: "Chihuahuas live longer than big dogs." ... Dodgers RHP Ricky Nolasco, scheduled to pitch Friday, is 1-2 with an 8.16 ERA in three starts against Boston. ... Miamis Giancarlo Stanton had a double and is batting .316 with 13 homers at home. On the road he is batting .184 with three homers. Wholesale Jerseys Online . -- With Tony Allen back, the Memphis Grizzlies were able to turn up their defence pressure and hold off the Los Angeles Clippers down the stretch. Where To Buy Cheap Jerseys . The Nevada Athletic Commission voted unanimously in Las Vegas to quit granting therapeutic use exemptions for fighters undergoing the so-called TRT. https://www.cheapjerseysreview.com/ . Kansas City became the first team in baseball history to win four extra-inning games in a single postseason on Friday, as Alex Gordon crushed a leadoff homer in the 10th and Mike Moustakas added the deciding two-run blast in the Royals 8-6 win. NFL Jerseys From China . Amare Stoudemire had 22 points and 10 rebounds, Carmelo Anthony scored 21 and the New York Knicks won their eighth straight game, 93-92 over Philadelphia on Friday night, sending the Sixers to their 23rd straight loss. Cheap Jerseys Review . Fans holding laudatory signs started showing up at Yankee Stadium when the gates opened at 4 p.m. Monday, an hour early in order to give them a chance to watch the New York captain take batting practice.Romain Grosjean has been given a new chassis for the Monaco GP by his Haas team. After scoring points in the first two races of the season, the team have struggled over the last month, culminating in an irate Grosjean describing his car as undriveable during the Chinese GP when he finished just 19th.The team have now heeded Grosjeans complaints - with the Frenchman still unhappy with how the front end of his car behaved in Barcelona two weeks ago - by providing him with a new chassis for this weeks Monaco GP. Everyone is trying to get the chassis to what it was, Grosjean told Sky Sports News HQ.We changed the chassis to come here to make sure there is no doubt about it, and we did some good testing in Barcelona after the race, so Im hopeful I can jump in the car, get some good sensations, and come back for a good grand prix. Team-mate Esteban Gutierrez, who has yet to score a point since returning to F1 with the Haas outfit, will continue with his previous hub.Grosjean, meanwhile, will wear a helmet dedicated to the memory of Jules Bianchi, the former Marussia driver who died last July from injuries sustained at the 2014 Japanese GP, this weekend. Five monthss before his crash at Suzuka, Bianchi had scored Manors first points in F1 at the 2014 Monaco GP.dddddddddddd.Jules is still one of us, said Grosjean. He was a good friend. He did an amazing race here back in 2014, he scored the only two points for Marussia. I wish I could have gone for the full [helmet] design, but the rules changed a little bit.Hes always with me on the helmet and I want to keep it [that way] until the end of my career. He was a friend, he was a young man, and he was a very talented driver. But, more than that, he was just a really good person to know. Asked if F1 should consider renaming a corner in memory of the popular Frenchman, Grosjean replied: It would be nice. His dad is starting a foundation to help finance the knowledge in go-karts, helping people to understand the safety and so on. It would be nice to have a corner named after Jules as well, Id be the first to go there. Also See: Get tickets to Silverstone Sky F1: Every race live in 2016 When is the Monaco GP on Sky F1? Can Hamilton break his Monaco hoodoo? ' ' '

nach oben springen

Legende: Leader Vertreter Spezielle Ränge FM-Cape-Besitzer Normale Mitglieder

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: watchesprice
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1394 Themen und 2033 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen