Willkommen auf der offiziellen Homepage des Fegefeuer-Clans

illo, formerly of the Flyers, yapp

in Allgemeines 05.10.2019 03:39
von yyys123 | 1.110 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO - Jonathan Martin is back on the Stanford campus hanging out and working out with old college pals turned successful pros, Andrew Luck and Richard Sherman. He has returned to his Bay Area comfort zone, far from South Florida and his short-lived, tumultuous tenure with the Dolphins. Now, hes here to stay. Martin is the newest member of the San Francisco 49ers, and hes thrilled for a fresh start to keep playing football. And for anyone who questions why the offensive lineman couldnt tough things out through a bullying scandal in Miami, hes unconcerned. "You could say this or that could have gone differently. Hindsight is 20-20," Martin said Thursday upon passing a physical. "My focus is 100 per cent on the future, moving forward." In recent months, Martin has learned to ignore all the negative chatter and surround himself with those who have been so supportive along the way. Already, starting 49ers offensive linemen Joe Staley and Anthony Davis have reached out. "I can tell already that Im going to get along just great with those guys," Martin said. "Ive felt a warm welcome from the entire 49ers community, fan base, coaching staff, everybody. Im just looking forward to the future and getting back to playing football." Martins trade from the Dolphins to the Niners became official Thursday. It reunites him with his college coach, Jim Harbaugh. The teams first announced the move Tuesday night for Martin, who left the Dolphins last fall after accusing teammate Richie Incognito of bullying in a scandal that overshadowed the franchises 8-8 season. An investigation for the NFL determined last month that Incognito and two other offensive linemen engaged in persistent harassment of Martin, another offensive lineman and an assistant trainer. After Martins departure from the Dolphins in late October, he underwent counselling for emotional issues. Incognito was suspended for the final eight games. "Any time we acquire a player we give him a clean slate, along with every opportunity to demonstrate his value to our organization, both on the field and in the community," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said. "It will be no different in Jonathans case. As a former Stanford student-athlete, we are very familiar with Jonathan and look forward to working with him." Harbaugh has supported Martin all along, from his early college days at Stanford to the offensive linemans departure from the Dolphins, and even in a formal NFL investigation into the situation in Miami. Harbaugh spoke publicly about Martin in November and referred to him as a "personal friend." "Hes a stand-up guy. It means a lot when somebody with that much credibility has your back," Martin said. "His enthusiasm is infectious. You can see it at every level of the organization. It rubs off on everybody. Just to be around a winning atmosphere, a coach thats focused on winning, its really the best situation I could have asked for." Now, these two will begin the process of getting Martin up to speed in a hurry this off-season. Harbaugh has said hes not concerned because it should be a smooth transition. Martin already knows many of the coaches who came from Stanford when Harbaugh was hired in January 2011. Harbaugh has credited Martin for being a "very intelligent football player" who has familiarity with the Niners system. Martin noted he never considered retiring, saying: "That didnt even cross my mind at any point. Im a football player, Ive been a football player my whole life." "The way Im approaching it, I have to earn my spot on this team, Im a new guy in the locker room," Martin said. "Its a blank slate for me. Im looking forward to revitalizing my career, getting back to playing. I want to do whatever I can to contribute to this O-line. Its one of the best O-lines in football already." The 24-year-old Martin wasnt expected to return to Miami, and owner Stephen Ross made it known in January that the 2012 second-round pick would likely be gone. The investigation found a pattern of harassment on the Dolphins, with Martin the primary target of vicious taunts and racist insults that occurred almost daily. The report said teammates threatened to rape Martins sister, called him a long list of slurs and bullied him for not being "black enough." Martin is black and Incognito is white. Now, Martin can truly move forward in a new jersey, and perhaps in a new number — even in a new stadium. The 49ers will play their first season in Levis Stadium at team headquarters this year. Martin said they have always had a great relationship, from the days Harbaugh recruited him to Stanford and coached him for three years with the Cardinal. "The goal for this transaction is a win-win," Harbaugh said. Martin, too, considers this a perfect fit, with the opportunity to chase a championship an added bonus. "Absolutely," Martin said. "I think it worked out great, once again playing for Coach Harbaugh, once again in the Bay Area. Playing for a winning franchise, a team thats had a lot of recent success. Hopefully Ill be able to contribute to further success with this team." Wholesale Shoes Black Friday Free Shipping . Old times for a defence that has looked just plain old recently? "No," safety Ryan Clark said. "We used to be much better than that. Shoes Black Friday Deals 2020 . Keenum will make his first appearance in a regular-season game against the rugged defence of the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, where the fans just set a Guinness record as the noisiest outdoor stadium in the world. https://www.cheapshoesblackfriday.com/ . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November. Cheap Shoes Black Friday . Canada was placed in one of the easiest groups during Saturdays live televised draw in Montreal. China Shoes Black Friday . Clevelands manager had just watched his team lose 5-3 to Kansas City, which completed a 2-6 homestand and dropped the Indians 2 1/2 games behind Detroit in the AL Central. NEW YORK -- It is no accident the New York Rangers are surging just as Henrik Lundqvist is finding his Vezina Trophy form. Daniel Carcillo, Rick Nash and Derick Brassard scored less than 10 minutes in, and Lundqvist made 37 saves as the Rangers routed the Philadelphia Flyers 4-1 on Sunday night. Chris Kreider got his team-leading 12th goal in the second period to help the Rangers win their third straight and fourth in five (4-0-1). Lundqvist has allowed just eight goals in New Yorks past four games. "I got tested early, and you gain confidence when you make a couple of good saves," said Lundqvist, who has given up fewer than three goals in four of his last six starts. "Im happy with the way I am playing. "It definitely helps when we play the way we play in front of me and make good decisions all over the ice." New York, 8-2-1 in its last 11, is tied in points with Washington for second place in the Metropolitan Division -- one ahead of Philadelphia. The Rangers have won seven straight against the Flyers at home, outscoring them 28-8. Ray Emery rebounded after the rough first period and finished with 31 saves for the Flyers, who lost 6-3 on Saturday to Tampa Bay -- ending a 10-game, home-winning streak. Philadelphia had won seven of eight before the weekend sweep. "Its frustrating," Emery said. "Ive got to make some saves, and weve got to come out better. Anytime you put yourself in a hole like that against a team that is playing well like they are, you dont give yourself much of a chance." Lundqvist lost his shutout bid when Mark Streit scored a power-play goal 6:49 into the third. Rangers coach Alain Vigneault offered no theories about how Lundqvist has gotten back on his game after an up-and-down first half.+ "To tell you the truth, I am just focused on one thing with him -- stopping the puck," he said. "How he does it, I dont really care that much." The Flyers were hurt by being short-handed six times in the first two periods. "A lot of guys kill a lot and get a little tired, and the other guys are sitting on the bench and just waiting to get back onto the ice," captain Claude Giroux said. "We need to find a way to stay out of the box." The Rangers came out flying and grabbed a 2-0 lead just 2:42 in on goals 28 seconds apart by Carcillo and Nash. Sloppy play by the Philadelphia defence contributed to both. The first came at 2:14 when Carcillo forced a turnover by Strreit behind the net.dddddddddddd Carcillo charged out in front and backhanded a shot past Emery for his second of the season and his first in three games with the Rangers since he was acquired from Los Angeles. Before that goal was announced, New York celebrated again when Nash netted his 11th of the season and fourth in four games. Philadelphia defenceman Braydon Coburn lost the puck behind the net to Kreider, who quickly sent a pass out to the charging Nash for a shot from the right circle. New York had a two-goal lead despite recording only four shots. "They were way quicker than us in the first period, had the puck more than us in the first period, and we ended up getting down right away," Flyers coach Craig Berube said. "Weve got to be more ready." Philadelphia got its offence cranked up when Rangers defenceman Dan Girardi was sent off for interference at 6:20. The Flyers had six shots during the advantage but Lundqvist was sharp and turned them all aside. Things didnt go nearly as well for Emery, who replaced an ineffective Steve Mason on Saturday after two periods. He gave up his third goal of the period at 9:24 when Brassard one-timed a shot from the left circle after Mats Zuccarello fed a pass to him from the left corner. Brassard, who has eight goals this season, has scored in consecutive games after going 10 without one. The game turned a bit chippy late in the period, with Philadelphias Scott Hartnell being called for roughing with 1:45 left. Carcillo, formerly of the Flyers, yapped at several players on the Philadelphia bench after he took the seat closest to the partition between the two sides. Carcillo fought Luke Schenn off a faceoff before the midway point of the second period. "I just got here, and from what I can see, when we do the little things right and play the game plan that we want to play against our opponents, we seem to have success," Carcillo said. Emery was much sharper in the second, allowing only Kreiders power-play goal with 6:42 left and stopping 14 other drives. His best save came with 10:13 remaining when he denied Zuccarello on the doorstep. NOTES: Philadelphia had a 17-13 shots edge in the first period. ... Emery stopped all seven shots he faced Saturday. ... The Rangers are 19-2-1 when they score first. ... The Flyers had killed 26 consecutive penalties, dating to Dec. 28 at Edmonton, before Kreiders goal. ... Philadelphia C Vincent Lecavalier earned his 500th NHL assist. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Legende: Leader Vertreter Spezielle Ränge FM-Cape-Besitzer Normale Mitglieder

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: watchesprice
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1394 Themen und 2033 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen