Willkommen auf der offiziellen Homepage des Fegefeuer-Clans

n Friday to alleviate the

in Allgemeines 23.10.2019 05:30
von yyys123 | 1.110 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco Giants second baseman Marco Scutaro underwent back surgery that could end his career.Giants general manager Brian Sabean announced during a conference call Monday that Scutaro had the fusion procedure performed by Dr. Michael Wang in Miami on Friday to alleviate the troublesome area at level L-2/L-3 of his spine. It will be four-to-six months before doctors determine whether Scutaro can play baseball again.The 39-year-old Scutaro, a journeyman infielder who became the surprising 2012 NL Championship Series MVP, played in only five games last season — all in July — because of recurring back problems that landed him on the disabled list for good July 25. He is now resting at home and will soon begin the long rehabilitation program post-surgery.Scutaro has known he might need the operation in order to give him a quality of life even just in his day-to-day schedule off the baseball field.This is the type of thing, its four-to-six months before we can know if baseball is possible, Sabean said. I dont want to speak for the doctor or the procedure but youd have to how he responds to the surgery and thats months away.In parts of 13 major league seasons with the Giants, Oakland, New York Mets, Boston, Toronto and Colorado, Scutaro is a career .277 hitter with 77 home runs and 509 RBIs with 269 doubles and 21 triples.Scutaro put up remarkable numbers in 2012 after joining the Giants from the Colorado Rockies on July 27. He batted .362 with three homers and 44 RBIs in 61 regular-season games with the Giants.In a seven-game 2012 NLCS against St. Louis, Scutaro had six multihit games and matched an LCS record with 14 hits.He batted .500 (14 for 28) with four RBIs in the NLCS, playing in his second post-season and first since 2006 with Oakland. He became the first player in major league history with six multihit games in an LCS.Scutaro was rewarded with a $20 million, three-year contract in December 2012. Tedy Bruschi Womens Jersey . City, fielding a depleted team having already qualified, was twice pegged back by the plucky Czech champions but substitute Negredo tapped home in the 78th minute and Dzekos header made sure of victory in the 89th. The result kept City three points behind Bayern Munich ahead of their meeting in Germany in two weeks. Sony Michel Jersey . -- Derek Jeter spoke for 25 minutes, 44 seconds and answered 26 questions about his decision to retire at the end of this season. https://www.patriotssportsgoods.com/Womens-Kevin-Faulk-Inverted-Jersey/ . Top-seeded Djokovic, who is making only his second appearance this year after reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, was a 6-3, 6-3 winner over 54th-ranked Istomin of Uzbekistan. "It wasnt as easy as the scoreline indicates," said Djokovic, who has won in Dubai on four occasions. Steve Grogan Patriots Jersey .com) - Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson lost an appeal to have his indefinite suspension overturned, the NFL announced Friday. Drew Bledsoe Womens Jersey . Monta Ellis had 30 points and nine assists, Nowitzki was another of seven Dallas players in double figures with 11 points and the Mavericks beat the Los Angeles Lakers 123-104 Tuesday night.VANCOUVER - The Vancouver Canucks are happy with where they sit just over a third of the way through the NHL schedule.That doesnt mean theyre satisfied.Coming off a season-long seven-game road trip that saw Vancouver go 3-3-1, but finish on an 0-2-1 slide, the club is back at Rogers Arena for an important stretch of four home dates ahead of the Christmas break.For all the good feeling around a team that missed the playoffs for the first time in six years during a disastrous 2013-14 campaign, Vancouver (18-9-2) was just three points up on ninth place in the Western Conference heading into Friday after consecutive losses in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal.We knew it was going to be tight, said captain Henrik Sedin. I think after 29 games — 18 games on the road, 11 at home — we would have taken this record. It was a really disappointed team that flew back from Montreal, but if you look at where we are (and) playing at home for a while, we put ourselves in a good spot.Daniel Sedin agreed with his brothers assessment that getting seven of a possible 14 points on the trip was something he would have taken back in September.You look at the schedule before the season and after this road trip, if someone would have told me we would have been in this position I would have been pretty happy, said Vancouvers assistant captain. Now its time to take care of business at home.Canucks goalie Ryan Miller, who spent most of his career with the Buffalo Sabres, said he knew it was going to be a fight for every point in the West after signing with Vancouver as a free agent following a brief stint in St. Louis. Thats kind of what I expected coming out here, he said. You see it every season, theres no getting around it. From first place to eighth, ninth is not that far. Its competitive hockey. Its what everybody wants.Nine of the Canucks next 11 games are in Vancouver, beginning Saturday against former head coach Alain Vigneault and the New York Rangers (12-10-4).Teams coming off long stretches on the road often have difficulty in their first game back home, but the Canucks dont see that as being a problem considering their current situation.I think were honest with ourselves and were aware of that, said Canucks defenceman Kevin Bieksa. Weve lost three in a row and we need a win. Luuckily weve had a couple days between getting home and playing that first game.ddddddddddddTheres been a lot of emphasis on this game.Were playing a former coach and a few former teammates ... I dont think its a game thats going to be hard to get up for.But after giving his team two days off to recuperate and re-energize, Canucks head coach Willie Desjardins said Fridays practice demonstrated that the players were still shaking out some cobwebs.We were sluggish. It wasnt that the guys didnt want to go, it was just like they were skating in sand, said Desjardins. I think the biggest thing is we know how big of a game it is. We know we have to be ready.We wont be overconfident coming in. We know we have to get going, and it will be tough.After starting the seven-game swing with wins over Columbus, Washington and Pittsburgh in three of the first four outings, the Canucks said fatigue — and the corresponding mistakes — started to creep into the lineup.That was a tough road trip, said Daniel Sedin. It is a long time — 14, 15 days is long — but I think were used to that in this group. Thats not an issue. Youve got to find ways to get your energy level up, and thats up to each individual.The Canucks also had a good start to last season under soon-to-be-fired head coach John Tortorella before falling off the rails, and this incarnation knows how quickly things can go sideways.Theyre all big, but this four-game segment gets put in a bubble with coming home and the Christmas break, said Bieksa. It allows us to look at these games and make sure that we have a good showing.Expectations have obviously grown pretty high around here. Weve been playing some good hockey to start the season.Notes: The Canucks are 6-0-0 against the Metropolitan Division so far this season, while the Rangers are 1-1-0 against Pacific Division opponents. ... Canucks defenceman Dan Hamhuis remains out with a lower-body injury and will miss his 10th straight game on Saturday. ... Desjardins said forward Zack Kassian is getting closer to a return from his finger injury that saw him miss the entire road trip. ... The Canucks recalled Alex Biega on Friday from the AHLs Utica Comets after demoting fellow defenceman Frank Corrado and forward Nicklas Jensen to the minors on Wednesday. ' ' 'd stop. He tackled Jordy Nelson for a 6-yard gain on third down that forced Green Bay to settle for the field goal that forced overtime.Honestly I just kind of threw him around and hoped that I could get enough squeeze to get him down and fortunately my right arm came around. I just wanted to slow him down with my left, Sherman said. It didnt feel great. Im not going to lie.Sherman didnt give any diagnosis, other than to mention ligaments and he was leaving the rest to doctors. But asked about his availability for the Super Bowl, Sherman was certain.I will 100 per cent be able to play, he said.___INJURY WORRIES: Seattle has more injury concerns than just Sherman heading into the Super Bowl. All-Pro safety Earl Thomas suffered a left shoulder injury in the second quarter, but returned before halftime and played the entire second half. Guard J.R. Sweezy also appearred to be slowed by a foot injury in the second half but never left the game.dddddddddddd.Seattle coach Pete Carroll said he expected everyone to be available in two weeks.___QUIET LACY: Packers running back Eddie Lacy was succinct when asked to describe his feelings after the game.Sad, he said.Lacy finished with 21 carries for 73 yards in Green Bays loss. In a crucial possession in the fourth quarter, quarterback Aaron Rodgers handed off to Lacy three straight times, and Green Bay failed to get the first down.The Packers inability to convert a first down in the fourth quarter cost the team in the end. Lacy said he couldnt tell whether Seattle was using a run blitz on him.I was just out there trying to get as many yards as I could, he said.Lacy led the Packers following the regular season with 1,139 yards rushing and nine touchdowns. He ran for 101 yards in Green Bays 26-21 victory over the Dallas Cowboys last weekend.Its tough, he said. For some guys, it lasts longer than others. Next year, we just use it as motivation, so when we get to this point again, well remember what happened today, and hopefully that will help us out.___NO. 1 VS. NO. 1: This was the 12th game since the 1970 merger in which the top-ranked scoring offence (Green Bay) played the stingiest scoring defence (Seattle). The defensive team has won seven times, including the past two: the Seahawks win over Denver in last years Super Bowl, and Sundays 28-22 victory for the NFC title.The other top defensive teams to win were the 1976 Steelers over the Colts in a divisional game; the 1978 Steelers over the Cowboys in the 79 Super Bowl; the 1980 Eagles over the Cowboys in the NFC championship; the 1984 49ers in the 85 Super Bowl against the Dolphins; the 1990 Giants vs. the Bills in the 91 Super Bowl; and the 2013 Seahawks over the Broncos in last Februarys Super Bowl.___GAME STATS: Rodgers had a 102.2 passer rating this season, but just a 55.8 Sunday, going 19 of 34 for 178 yards with one TD and two interceptions. He was sacked just once despite his diminished mobility, and also was plagued by several drops by his receivers.Russell Wilson, whose 36 regular-season wins are the most in any quarterbacks first three seasons, went 14 for 29 for 209 yards, with the four interceptions and one TD — which won the game. He was sacked five times.Marshawn Lynch had 37 yards at halftime, then rushed for 120 in the second half and OT.Seahawks All-Pro linebacker Bobby Wagner was in on 10 tackles, while Morgan Burnett led Green Bay with 10 tackles, including two sacks. Julius Peppers had 1 1/2 sacks for the Packers.___AP Pro Football Writer Barry Wilner and AP Sports Writer Anne M. Peterson contributed to this report.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Legende: Leader Vertreter Spezielle Ränge FM-Cape-Besitzer Normale Mitglieder

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: watchesprice
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1394 Themen und 2033 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen