Willkommen auf der offiziellen Homepage des Fegefeuer-Clans

d of horse, a confi

in Allgemeines 01.11.2019 04:00
von yyys123 | 1.110 Beiträge

TORONTO -- AC Milans legends team looked better than a squad of former players should Wednesday night. The Italian side scored twice in a four-minute span in the second half to defeat former stars from S.L. Benfica 2-0 to win the Legends Cup at BMO Field. Christian Lantignotti finished off a cross from Ibrahim Ba in the 65th minute to get AC Milan on the board. Then in the 68th minute Milan forward Gauz was taken down in the area. Defender Massimo Oddo easily beat Benfica keeper Nuno Santos on the ensuing penalty kick to give his team a 2-0 lead. "I think AC Milan they play quite a few times a year, I heard 16 times together in a year. This was the first time we played together and I think we did very well," said Benfica coach Antonio Jerontomo. "If we start to play together more often, which we want to do, we will improve as well." Wednesdays match was played as a tribute to the late Mozambique native, Portuguese footballer Eusebio, who passed away Jan. 5 at the age of 71. Despite dominating the first-half possession and out-chancing Benfica the two sides remained scoreless at half. "I think it was a good performance by two good teams," said Jerontomo. "I think we started off well. Maybe AC Milan had a little bit more chances. Probably they have a little more options on the bench as we had a couple of injuries. "The players felt a little bit tired, but I think the spectators enjoyed seeing the ex-champions. They still can play, but not as quick as before. It was a decent game. It was a good crowd, very good crowd." Ba had many quality chances for AC Milan. He nearly opened the scoring in the 14th minute, but collided with Santos and put his shot just wide of the goal. Two minutes later, Santos got just enough of Bas free kick from just outside the area to deflect the shot wide of the goal. In the 20th minute, AC Milan forward Christian Vieri had an excellent strike from the area, but put it just wide. "Weve been in Iran, were going to be in China so weve been all around the world. Weve had a lot of friendly matches and maybe well be back in Toronto," said Milans Palo Maldini. "The crowd was great. Were trying to put on a good show. People were excited to see the old Milan team." Benfica didnt generate much by way of scoring chances in the opening 40 minutes, but in the 32nd minute forward Nandinho had a great opportunity from just outside the box. However, he put the shot over the crossbar. As for Italys chances at the upcoming World Cup next month in Brazil, Maldini didnt seem optimistic. "Italy always battles for the final," he said. "This year is not going to be very easy. The quality is not so good, but we will have a chance to reach semifinal." AC Milan is a seven-time winner of Champions League while Benfica won last years Primeira Liga. Fake Football Jerseys . Despite 11-1 records, theyre out and Big Ten winner Ohio State is into the national semifinals. Fake Soccer Jerseys . Dr. James Andrews is to operate next week on the 24-year-old pitcher, who made the AL All-Star team last year. Moore will be the first Rays pitcher to undergo Tommy John surgery since Jason Isringhausen in June 2009. https://www.fakejerseys.us.com/ .com) - SirDominic Pointer posted career highs of 24 points and seven steals to lead No. Fake Jerseys . Halak did not get the start in the Washington Capitals Tuesday night game against the St. Fake MLB Jerseys . TSN 1290s coverage begins with Hustler & Lawless at 3pm. Rick Ralph hosts the Official Jets Pre-game Show at 5pm.NEW YORK -- Since Affirmed swept the last Triple Crown in 1978, Victor Espinoza is the only jockey to get two cracks at winning the elusive title again. Both times hes left empty. It was War Emblem in 2002. On Saturday, it was California Chromes turn to lose the Belmont after capturing the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness. "We reached almost to the top," Espinoza said. "Just one step away to get to the top." California Chrome finished in a dead heat for fourth, a disappointment to bettors who made him the 4-5 favourite. The Belmont was the third tough race in a short five-week span. His tank was empty. "As soon as he came out of the gate he wasnt the same," Espinoza said. Espinoza, 41, was once a bus driver in his native Mexico City. He has won riding titles at four Southern California tracks, winning over 3,000 races and earning $169 million in purses. With history on the line, the rider did his best to nurse California Chrome through the 1 1/2-mile race. Espinoza kept him on the rail in the early stages. On the final turn, with time running out, Espinoza shifted California Chrome outside to light a spark. "By five eighths pole (the top of the turn) he was empty," the jockey said. "I tried to move out to see if iit would make a difference.dddddddddddd." Not with a tired horse. "I was just waiting for to have the same kick like he always had before," Espinoza said. "Today he was a bit flat down the lane. He ran back-to-back races at different tracks, and against those fresh horses." At least this time, California Chrome got to run his race. War Emblem was a different kind of horse, a confirmed front runner who had to have it his way to be effective. War Emblem stumbled at the start of the Belmont. Espinoza got him back into the race but playing catchup was not War Emblems game. He finished eighth. Jockeys rarely get a chance for Triple Crown redemption. Espinoza was handed one when California Chrome launched a six-race winning streak the moment they teamed up. It was a magical run that started in races restricted to horses bred in California. It picked up momentum in the Santa Anita Derby and crashed the national stage in the Derby and the Preakness. In every win, California Chrome proved responsive to every command by Espinoza. They won on the lead. They came from just off the pace. "The last time I had been here, I stumbled," Espinoza said. "Today I dont feel bad. California Chrome was just empty today." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Legende: Leader Vertreter Spezielle Ränge FM-Cape-Besitzer Normale Mitglieder

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: watchesprice
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1394 Themen und 2033 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen