Willkommen auf der offiziellen Homepage des Fegefeuer-Clans

first team

in Allgemeines 15.11.2019 06:32
von yyys123 | 1.110 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Carlos Quentin drove in three runs, Alexi Amarista homered and Jesse Hahn pitched six solid innings, leading the San Diego Padres to a 6-3 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday night. Hahn (5-2) allowed a run and three hits, struck out six and walked four in his seventh major league start. The 24-year-old right-hander has a 1.46 ERA over his last six outings since Pittsburgh beat him 4-1 on June 3 in his big league debut at Petco Park. Padres right-hander Blaine Boyer took over for Hahn, giving up a leadoff double to Drew Butera and a walk to Carl Crawford. That ended Boyers season-opening string of 26 consecutive plate appearances by right-handed batters without a hit or a walk -- the longest such streak since STATS LLC. began tracking data in 1974. First-time All-Star Yasiel Puig chased Boyer with an RBI double, the first run off him this season in 14 innings. Adrian Gonzalez hit a sacrifice fly against Alex Torres, but Quentin turned it into an inning-ending double play by throwing to third baseman Chase Headley for the tag on the over-aggressive Puig after Dee Gordon crossed the plate. Joaquin Benoit escaped an eighth-inning jam, striking out Juan Uribe and Miguel Rojas with runners at second and third and retiring Crawford on a fielders choice grounder with the bases loaded after a full-count walk to pinch-hitter A.J. Ellis. Huston Street pitched a perfect ninth for his 24th save in 25 chances. Quentin, who entered Friday batting .165 with 14 RBIs in 42 games, hit an RBI double in the fifth off Dan Haren and extended the Padres lead to 6-1 in the sixth with a bases-loaded two-run single against Jamey Wright. The three RBIs gave the Padres left fielder two more than he had in his previous 34 at-bats combined. The Dodgers third loss in four games, coupled with San Franciscos 5-0 win over Arizona, dropped the defending NL West champions into a virtual tie with the Giants for the division lead. Haren (8-6) gave up four runs and six hits in his third start against the Padres and second loss to them in three weeks, throwing 102 pitches in four-plus innings. He came in 4-1 with a 2.96 ERA in his eight previous home starts this year. Matt Kemp opened the scoring in the Dodgers first with an RBI single, but the Padres responded in the second with Amaristas third home run after Will Venable reached on a strikeout-wild pitch past Butera. Haren has allowed 19 homers -- tying the Padres Eric Stults for second-most in the NL behind the 27 served up by Milwaukees Marco Estrada. The Padres increased the margin to 4-1 with two runs in the fifth. Headley, whose homer in Thursdays series opener ended Clayton Kershaws string of 41 consecutive scoreless innings, drove in Seth Smith from first base with a double. Quentin followed with another double on Harens 103rd and final pitch. NOTES: Former Dodgers assistant general manager Kim Ng was the eighth candidate interviewed by the Padres to replace fired general manager Josh Byrnes. Ng, currently the senior vice-president of baseball operations for Major League Baseball, is attempting to become the first female general manager of any major pro sport. Dodgers vice-president of amateur scouting Logan White also was interviewed for the job. So was Padres senior vice-president of baseball operations Omar Minaya, the former Mets and Montreal Expos GM. ... Haren has allowed at least one home run in 11 of his last 12 starts. But none of the last 30 home runs hit against him have come with more than one man on base. ... The Padres rotation has a 1.74 ERA over the last 11 games. Luke Farrell Jersey . Louis Blues just continue to roll -- especially against the Nashville Predators. Kyle Bird Rangers Jersey . -- Theres been so much talk about Mike Moustakas at the plate that the third baseman ignored the conversation Wednesday -- even after doing something positive. https://www.cheaprangersbaseball.com/3222h-nate-jones-jersey-rangers.html . At 11:06 of the first period, Neal struck Marchand with his knee when Marchand was down on the ice. Marchand remained in the game. Neal was assessed a kneeing penalty for his hit on Marchand. Lenny Randle Rangers Jersey . Last year, Matt Kuchar closed with a 4-under 68 to beat Kevin Chappell by two strokes for his second win of the 2013 season and sixth of his career. Mike Minor Jersey .com) - Patrik Elias registered the winner in the shootout as New Jersey nipped Toronto 2-1 at Prudential Center on Wednesday.VANCOUVER -- Camilo Sanvezzos dramatic departure from the Vancouver Whitecaps stunned the club and its supporters. The Brazilian star striker forced his way out of town in unprecedented fashion, first practising with Mexicos Queretaro F.C. before having his photograph taken in the teams kit -- all while he was still under contract in Major League Soccer. With no other option, the Whitecaps finally sold the reigning MLS Golden Boot winner and his 22 goals in mid-January. Viewed as a disaster by many, captain Jay DeMerit sees opportunity for the remaining strikers with the clubs pre-season training schedule already underway. "With Camilo being gone, something we have to make these guys understand is theres a spot open now," said the veteran defender. "A lot of times, when youre a competitor you look for opportunities to come in and make a difference. "With that spot being open, theres guys that have that chance. Ultimately as a pro you want that chance." One of those guys up front is 20-year-old Omar Salgado. The first overall pick in the 2011 MLS SuperDraft, Salgado has been hampered by injury early in his career. Now healthy, he will be counted on, along with fellow strikers Kenny Miller, Kekuta Manneh and Darren Mattocks, to pick up the slack. "Its one person less to compete with and we have to make up for those 22 goals he scored," Salgado said after Fridays fitness testing. "Between all the forwards were going to have to accomplish that. "Im feeling really good. Im feeling better than I have in the past year and a half so Im excited about this year and excited about the start of the season." Although theres opportunities up front with the Whitecaps, there are also many question marks. Miller, the clubs only current designated player, was also hampered by injury last season and its unclear where the 34-year-old stands with his contract set to expire in June. Mattocks, 23, fell out of favour with former manager Martin Rennie last year and blasted the team on Jamaican television after the season. Manneh, meanwhile, burst on to the scene with a memorable hat trick against the Seattle Sounders, but its hard to pin your goal-scoring hopes on a 19 year old. Miller, Mattocks and Manneh werent made available to the media Friday, but rookie Whitecaps head coach Carl Robinson said hes pleased with the different styles his current stable of strikers provide. "What they do is they offer me flexibility in the forward positions depending on what system I decide to play, which I know -- having variations of players playing in multiple positions," said Robinson. "Omar can play wide left, he can play centre forward.dddddddddddd Kekuta can play wide left, centre forward or in the hole (behind the strikers), Kenny the same. "Obviously disappointed to lose Camilo -- losing 22 goals is a big thing -- but I want players that want to be here and if he doesnt want to be here then he shouldnt be here. Thats put to bed now and we move on." And although hes happy to sing the praises of his current strike quartet, its clear Robinson is eager to add more bodies to his attack. "I think its no secret and part of its how I want to put my stamp on this team," said the former Welsh international. "It might not be one, it might be two forward-thinking players and creative players. I think weve lacked a little bit of creativity over the last two years since Ive been here. "I think thats what we need to do to incorporate the strengths of the players already here." To say Robinsons first six weeks on the job have been hectic would be a gross understatement. His baptism by fire started with the Camilo saga and moved on to the MLS SuperDraft. Now a week into training camp, which opened Monday at the University of British Columbia, Robinson has finally had time to breathe. "Its been different. Its been exciting. I think the boys have bought into what me and the coaches have wanted to do," said Robinson. "Weve made it exciting for them. Weve made it enthusiastic and theyve put in the work. "I dont think you can really envisage anything after the first couple of weeks Ive had on the job but it is what it is. Its football, its soccer and you move forward. Im excited with this group that I have." With 13 of the 23 players on the first team being 23 years of age or younger, one of the veterans Robinson will count on in his inaugural season will be DeMerit. "One thing I always said was when I got an opportunity to be a manager, I will use the experience of the senior players," said Robinson. "Ive been there and Ive done it and I know what senior guys you need to be important within your team, on the field as well as off the field." DeMerit, 34, showed his commitment and resolve last season when he suffered a devastating Achilles injury in the first game, only to return in time to try to help the Whitecaps in their failed attempt to make the playoffs. "As older leaders of this group, its our job to help him," said DeMerit. "Theres a lot of young guys here that need that little push sometimes or that bit of mentorship or that little bit of leadership. "Myself and a couple of other guys will take that leadership role this year and were looking forward to it." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Legende: Leader Vertreter Spezielle Ränge FM-Cape-Besitzer Normale Mitglieder

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: watchesprice
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1394 Themen und 2033 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen