Willkommen auf der offiziellen Homepage des Fegefeuer-Clans

period. With 2:42 left in

in Allgemeines 17.10.2019 04:55
von yyys123 | 1.110 Beiträge

ST. JOHNS, N.L. -- Adam Lowry says he feels most comfortable when hes in front of the net. He proved that Saturday by scoring two goals in the first period and adding an assist in the third before J.C. Lipon had the shootout winner to lift St. Johns over the Toronto Marlies 5-4. "Thats where I feel most at home on the power play, in front of the net," Lowry said. "Making it hard on goalies to see the puck and battling down low. I just try to use my size to my advantage." But despite Lowrys three-point night, the IceCaps forward wouldnt take much credit for his teams win. "I cant really take a lot of credit, it was a really nice pass from Jerome (Samson) on the first one," Lowry said. "Will (ONeill) got a shot through on the second one. Im just trying to get in front of the goalie and impede his vision on the power play and such. "I was fortunate to get a few lucky breaks." Both teams played a physical game, with five fights and several big hits highlighting the contest. IceCaps head coach Keith McCambridge says he was happy with how his team responded to the physicality. "We had good energy," McCambridge said. "We go down one goal and then we responded quickly with three. We were physical, it was one of our most physical games of the season." Carl Klingberg and Patrice Cormier also scored for the IceCaps (18-15-3). Peter Holland scored two for the Marlies (20-11-3), while Wade MacLeod and T.J. Brennan added one each. The Marlies opened the scoring 23 seconds into the game as MacLeod finished off a rebound chance on the backhand. Lowry levelled the score for the IceCaps with a wrist shot in front of the net on a cross-crease pass 3:54 into the first period. With 2:42 left in the first, Lowry scored his second of the game, tipping home an ONeill point shot in front of the net on the power play. Cormier won position in front and tapped in a goal 44 seconds into the second period off a nice feed from Brenden Kichton. The Marlies shortened the gap to one as Josh Leivo made a nifty backhand pass and found Holland open in the slot at the 3:06 mark of the third period on the power play. Lowry carried the puck to the net at the 9:43 mark of the third and passed across to Klingberg, who scored on the doorstep. Brennan scored a wrist shot high blocker to bring the Marlies within one less than a minute later on the power play. Holland then fooled IceCaps goalie Eddie Pasquale high, as Pasquale misplayed a puck that seemed to be going over the net at 12:02 in the third to force extra time. Pasquale finished with 35 saves, while Drew MacIntyre stopped 22 for Toronto. Justin Jackson Jersey .C. United to a 4-1 victory over short-handed FC Dallas on Saturday night. Dewayne Dedmon Kings Jersey . Patty Mills scored 15 points, Tim Duncan had 10 points and 11 rebounds in limited minutes, and San Antonio trailed for only 11 seconds late in the first quarter of a 103-90 victory over Portland on Wednesday night. https://www.kingslockerroom.com/Chris-Webber-City-Edition-Jersey/ .Y. -- Phil Jackson lost out on his preferred coach, but hes working hard on keeping his star player. Vlade Divac Jersey . Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Raptors have traded forward Steve Novak along with a second-round pick to the Utah Jazz in exchange for guard Diante Garrett - who will then be waived. Harry Giles Kings Jersey . Hes just beginning to get similar results. The right-hander struggled after winning the honour in 2008 and 2009, but a retooling of his game has begun to pay off and has the San Francisco Giants thinking about the Lincecum of old.Before the 2013-14 NCAA season began, CBSSports.com listed Syracuse point guard and Toronto native Tyler Ennis at 69 on its "Top 100 Players in college hoops." Michigan guard and fellow Canadian Nik Stauskas was one ahead at 68. With 42 days before the NBA Draft in New York City, two of three analysts of the same website have Ennis getting selected in the top 10, while all three have Stauskas going in the 10-14 range. "Ive played against some of the best players in the world and Ive played against some of the best players in my class," Ennis said at the NBA Combine, which began Thursday. "I just have the confidence and I know how hard I work and I know my abilities." Played is the operative word in that sentence. For as much as the 19-year-old Ennis and 20-year-old Stauskas did to get noticed on the court, they both understand to fulfill their NBA dreams theyll have to impress potential employers off the court just as much. "People know how I play and I think the main thing for teams is to get to know me and know if they are going to draft me, what theyre going to deal with," Ennis said. "They want to see, as a nineteen-year-old coming out of college, if youre able to lead grown men in the NBA and I think they are able to get a feel for that in the interviews." The process is something all players have to go through and Stauskas is doing his best to combat the expected nerves. "The main thing for me is to just try to be myself and let teams know what kind of person I am and how I grew up and how I got to this situation right here," the Mississauga native said. Stauskass upbringing could serve him well when talking to NBA clubs. His family originally hails from the basketball-mad Lithuania. "t;Im a good person, really hard-working, and I come from a great family.dddddddddddd I think thats important for people to know and I just want them to know that Im not doing this because I want money or anything like that," he said. "Obviously, the moneys great, but Im really doing this just because I love the game of basketball. This is whats made me happy since I was seven or eight-years-old. I feel like if teams really get that vibe from me, theyre going like that." Both Stauskas and Ennis sat out the first day of the combine. Each player was officially measured - height, weight and wingspan - but neither participated in any of the on-court drills. "Before the combine started, knowing what the drills were going to be, I felt a lot of it was just jump-shooting," Stauskas said. "Obviously, thats the strongest part of my game and I feel that teams already know I can shoot the ball, so coming in, I felt that even if I had a great day shooting the ball, it wasnt really going to do much for me because teams already know thats my strength." Both Canadians, however, will participate in physical testing and the aforementioned team meetings. And although the footage of their abilities is likely endless at this point, both players say there will be a few surprises awaiting any and all who will be watching. "Im not the one dunking all the time but Im able to jump pretty high and Im a lot faster than people think," Ennis said. "Going through the combine I think my numbers will show that its more surprising than people expect. "I dont think people realize I can jump the way I do or run the way I do," Stauskas echoed, "so Im really looking forward to tomorrow, getting in there and working." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Legende: Leader Vertreter Spezielle Ränge FM-Cape-Besitzer Normale Mitglieder

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: watchesprice
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1394 Themen und 2033 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen